According to newspaper clippings (Redland Herald), the walnut bureau is 143 years old. It came to Mr. and Mrs. Baker through the late Mrs. Bob Anderson of Nacogdoches. It belonged to Mrs. Anderson's grandmother, Mrs. David Bradshaw Moore of Carthage, Texas. Mr. and Mrs. Moore were originally from Georgia. They were pioneer settlers of East Texas having located about 1824 near the present town of Carthage in Panola County, Texas. It is estimated to have been brought to Texas in the days of the Republic.
This item may be protected under Title 17 of the U.S. Copyright Law. It is available for non-commercial research and education. For permission to publish or reproduce, please contact the East Texas Research Center at email@example.com