The plate was commissioned in circa 1950 by the Women's Auxilliary of the First Christian Church in Nacogdoches, Texas. It was manufactured by Vernon Kilns in four colors: blue, green, maroon and brown. The souvenir plates sold for $1.50 each.
This item may be protected under Title 17 of the U.S. Copyright Law. It is available for non-commercial research and education. For permission to publish or reproduce, please contact the East Texas Research Center at firstname.lastname@example.org