DEMOCRATIC STUDY GROUP ~ U.S. HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES - WASHINGTON. D.C. - Tel. : 225-5858
HON. DAVID R. OBEY (Wisconsin)-Chairman RICHARD P. CONLON- Staff Director
SCHEDULE FOR THE WEEK OF MAY 12, 1980
MONDAY, MAY 12 (House meets at noon)
*Record Votes -- Record votes ordered today will be postponed
*Suspensions -- Six bills are scheduled for consideration
under suspension of the rules (pages 1 - 6).
*Civil Rights -- The conference report on H.R. 10, Civil Rights
of Institutionalized Persons is scheduled for House action
TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, & THURSDAY, MAY 13, 14, & 15
(House meets at noon Tuesday,
3 p.m. Wednesday, and 10 a.m. Thursday)
*Record Votes -- Record votes postponed from Monday will be taken.
*Food Stamps Appropriations -- H.J.Res. 545, Food Stamps Appropriations,
will be considered (page 11) .
*DOD Authorization -- H.R. 6974, Defense Department Authorization
for FY 1981, is scheduled for Floor action (page 12). See
DSG Fact Sheet No. 96-35, May 9, 1980.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* There will be a special meeting of the *
* Democratic Caucus at 9 a.m. Thursday to *
* act on: 1) The Steering & Policy Com- *
* mittee nomination of Rep. Musto of *
* Pennsylvania to fill a vacancy on the *
* Committee on Education & Labor and *
* 2) The resolution proposed by Reps. *
* Albosta and Ottinger calling for action *
* to reaffirm the tax-exempt status of *
* Social Security benefits. *
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * *
Congressman Charles Wilson began his political career in 1960 when he was elected to the Texas House of Representatives. He served in the Texas House of Representatives for six years and was then elected to the Texas Senate in 1966. On November 7, 1972, the second district of Texas elected Charles Wilson to the U.S. House of Representatives. He retired from the U.S. House of Representatives in 1996.
This item may be protected under Title 17 of the U.S. Copyright Law. It is available for non-commercial research and education. For permission to publish or reproduce, please contact the East Texas Research Center at email@example.com