DEMOCRATIC STUDY GROUP - U.S. HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES - WASHINGTON, D.C. - Tel.: 225-5858
HON . DAVID R. OBEY (Wisconsin)-Chairman RICHARD P. CONLON-Staff Director
SCHEDULE FOR THE WEEK OF FEBRUARY 18, 1980
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 18
* House is not in session.
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 19 (House meets at noon)
* Egg Research -- H.R. 6285, Egg Research and Consumer Information
Act, will be considered under suspension of the rules
(page 1 ) .
* Feathers and Down -- H. R. 2492, Tariff Treatment of Crude
Feathers and Down, is also scheduled for consideration (page 2).
* Energy Tax Credits Rep. D'Amours is expected to offer a
motion to instruct House conferees on the Windfall Profits
Tax bill (H.R. 3919) to recede and concur in Senate amendments
which provide residential and business tax credits
for the use of alternative sources of energy (page 3).
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 20 (House meets at 3 p.m.)
* Resource Conservation -- H.R. 3994, Resource Conservation and
Recovery Act, is scheduled for House action (page 5).
* U.N. Presence in Refugee Camps -- H.Con.Res. 274, U. N. Presence
in Refugee Encampments, may be considered (page 8).
THURSDAY & FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 21 & 22
(House meets at 11 a.m . each day)
* Assistance to Nicaragua -- H.R. 6081, Special Central American
Assistance, may be considered (page 9). See DSG Fact Sheet
No. 96-28, February 15.
* Great Plains -- H.R. 3789, Great Plains Conservation Act, is
scheduled (page 11) .
* Uniformed Services Pay -- The conference report on H.R. 5235,
Uniform Services Health Professionals Special Pay Act, will
also be considered (page 12).
* * *
Congressman Charles Wilson began his political career in 1960 when he was elected to the Texas House of Representatives. He served in the Texas House of Representatives for six years and was then elected to the Texas Senate in 1966. On November 7, 1972, the second district of Texas elected Charles Wilson to the U.S. House of Representatives. He retired from the U.S. House of Representatives in 1996.
This item may be protected under Title 17 of the U.S. Copyright Law. It is available for non-commercial research and education. For permission to publish or reproduce, please contact the East Texas Research Center at email@example.com