Cason Monk-Metcalf Funeral Directors started in the last decade of the 1800s and was incorporated in 1906 as Cason Monk & Co. The original owners were D.K. Cason, R.C. Monk, Edwin Gaston Jr., and Boutin Cason. They ran the funeral business upstairs above the Cason Monk Hardware Store on Main St. in Nacogdoches, TX. In 1947, the company acquired and moved into Branch Patton's house on Mound St. where it remained until 1986. At that time Cason Monk & Co. merged with Oakley Metcalf Funeral home and relocated to its current location on North St. across from Sunset Cemetery. These funeral records remain in the custody and care of Cason-Monk Metcalf Funeral Directors. This volume belonged to the Oakley Metcalf Funeral Home.
This item may be protected under Title 17 of the U.S. Copyright Law. It is available for non-commercial research and education. For permission to publish or reproduce please contact the East Texas Research Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.